Updates: Honestdoor reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms at anytime. Please check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of such changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
By accessing the Honestdoor website, you consent to having this Agreement provided to you in electronic form and receiving communications from us electronically. We may communicate with you by postal mail, email or by posting notices on the Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirements that such communications in writing.
I. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
II. WEBSITE ACCESS AND CONTENT USE
- Remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on the Website or Website Content;
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the, use of the Website or Website Content;
- Use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or scrape the Website or Website Content for any purpose without the express written permission of Honestdoor inc. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Honestdoor inc. grants public search engine operators permission to use automatic devices (such as robots or spiders) to copy Website Content from the Website for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary to create) a searchable index of Website Content that is available to the public. We reserve the right to revoke this permission (generally or specifically) at any time;
- Collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the Website including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
- Solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
- Attempt to or interfere with the proper working of the Website or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
- Decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of any the Website;
- Use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from the Website;
- Encourage conduct that violates any local, state or federal law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity (e.g., using another person’s Membership without permission, etc.);
- Violate US or Canada export laws, including, without limitation, violations of the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations administered by the Department of Commerce; or
- Engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Website.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Honestdoor Website Content, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Honestdoor server or to any of the Honestdoor Applications, through hacking, cracking, distribution of counterfeit software, password mining or any other means.
Materials may be made available via the Honestdoor Websites by third parties may not be within Honestdoor’s control. We are under no obligation to, and does not, scan content used in connection with the Honestdoor Website for the inclusion of illegal or impermissible content. However, we respect the copyright interests of others. It is our policy not to permit materials known by Honestdoor to infringe another party’s copyright to remain on the Honestdoor Website. If you believe any materials on an Honestdoor Website infringe a copyright, you should provide us with written notice that at a minimum contains:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Honestdoor to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit Honestdoor to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
All DMCA notices should be sent to Honestdoor ‘s designated agent as follows:Honestdoor Inc.
Attn: Associate General Counsel email@example.com
It is Honestdoor’s policy to terminate relationships regarding content with third parties who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE AND WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Honestdoor Inc. DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE OR WEBSITE CONTENT; (3) WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON OUR WEBSITE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEBSITE; (5) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE; (6) WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
IX. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF Honestdoor Inc. AND ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE TOTAL PAYMENTS Honestdoor Inc. HAS RECEIVED FROM YOU DURING THE PRECEDING TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD OR $1
- In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. However, to the extent that these limitations are permitted, they shall be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.mitted by law.
- If you become a registered user, you may terminate your Membership at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
XI. CHOICE OF LAW
XII. AMENDMENT; ADDITIONAL TERMS