Effective Update: June 2020
III. Data we CollectPersonal Data
HonestDoor will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- Email Addresses
- Internet protocal addresses
If you identify yourself by sending us an e-mail containing personal information, then the information collected will be solely used to respond to your message.Non-Personal Data
When accessing our Site, we collect information that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Site (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Site usage(number of clicks, date/time stamp, time on site)
- Products viewed
- Computer type, operating system and platform type
- Internet service provider
VI. How we Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:Personal Data
- Provide service communications such as customer service messages
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Personalize and improve the usability of the site
VIII. Canada Anti-Spam Law
HonestDoor Inc. complies with the Canada Anti-Spam Law. HonestDoor users who provide us a Canadian mailing address will not receive unauthorized Commercial Electronic Messages (as defined under the Canada Anti-Spam Law) unless these individuals have “opted-in” to receive Commercial Electronic Messages.
IX. How We Protect Personal Data
We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to our site, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, misuse and destruction of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
XI. Cookies; Third Party Ad Server Networks
We currently do not but in the future we may use third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on our site and may use traffic measurement services to analyze traffic on our site. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to our website and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services in which you might be interested. HonestDoor’s potential third-party ad network providers, the advertisers, the sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have cookies enabled in your browser and track certain behavioral information regarding users of your computer processing of your personal data does not comply with legal requirements.
XII. Breach Notification
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email or telephone, or other means as permitted by law.
XIII. Contact Information
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy related information.
Updated June 2020
- a) Agent Listings. You must be an agent or acting with explicit instructions from the Seller’s agent to list on HonestDoor.com
- b) For Sale by Owner Only the property owner may advertise it as a FSBO, youmay be required to provide documentation to verify you are the owner or acting on their behalf and in good faith. If HonestDoor Inc. is unable to verify that you are the property owner, HonestDoor Inc. may remove the listing.
- c) Builders/Developers - You must be the developer, working directly or indirectly with the developer and be able to prove that you have instructions from the developer/builder to list the property and be able to accurately list the details of the property.
- Accuracy of information form the listing – you may not lie or exaggerate any of the details within the listing, if you are unsure about a certain fact about the listing you must leave it blank.
- Prohibited Listings. The Services are limited to for sale real estate. You may not use the Services to advertise rental properties, which includes, short term or long term rent, timeshares, vacation rentals, and fractional ownership properties.
- Hypertext Links. No links of any kind will be allowed in the listing
- Limitations on Self-Promotion and Marketing. HonestDoor restricts the inclusion of self-promoting information within the listing. This includes,but is not limited to, self-promotion on photos, in names and/or in listing descriptions.
- a.Photos and Video Walkthroughs.You may not include marketing information, including, without limitation, an Agent's name, company name, logo, phone number and/or email address on listing photos or in video walkthroughs, whether as text, a watermark, or otherwise.
- b.Listing Descriptions.You may not include marketing information, including, without limitation, an Agent's name, phone number and/or email address within a listing description.
- c.Profile Name and Photo.You may not include contact information, or any promotional or marketing information (including a phone number, email address,website URL, promotional tagline or slogan, or discount offer) in your profile photo or as part of your name as it appears in your profile. Your name as it appears in your profile may not include titles, descriptions, or any information other than your name or your business or team name.